http://openbracket.ca/unity-development-3rd-party-tools-i-couldnt-live-without/ Earlier this year, I posted a quasi-zen tweet (@vegaskid1973) in jest which seemed to tickle the fancy of a few of you based on replies and retweets and so I thought I’d use the rare free ten minutes I find myself with to flesh out the idea, which I light-heartedly present here as the ten commandments of networking:
- You shall not trust a Visio diagram, lest you bring the customer site down
- You shall not covet a colleague’s serial cable. Get your own and hands off mine!
- You will backup and protect your configs like they were your first-born
- You shall not bear false witness against a network incident. Unless explaining it to management
- You shall have no other gods, but feel free to revere unicorns
- You shall not murder a good TCP joke unless you are sure they will get it
- You shall write the customer SLA/contract in such general terms so as never to breach it
- Remember the 7th layer of the OSI model. On it you shall not do any work, leave that to the devs
- You shall not commit config until you are confident your CV/resume is up to date
- Whilst you may be vendor agnostic, you must believe in intelligent design
http://roxieontheroad.com/monarch-mountain/72-senior-admission-2/ Please add your own suggestions in the comments below.
Till the next time.