I was a big fan of the original CSI TV series set in Las Vegas, my spiritual home town. CSI Miami had some of the cheesiest lines ever spoken on a TV show, probably on account of David Caruso being one of the producers. The New York spin-off never really grabbed my imagination and eventually, the ‘quality’ of the others dropped enough for me to drop them.
Enter CSI Cyber. The name alone was enough to make me realise the car crash that was coming but the fact is, two episodes in and I’m hooked. It’s awful, but it’s so bloody awful, its good. There is something, however, that can make it better; a drinking game. So without further ado, let’s get down to business.
You will need booze. Lots of it. Preferably beer, spirits and shots and suitable glasses for each. Otherwise you simply aren’t playing properly.
- There is no 1st player, everybody has to follow the rules below until there is just one person still able to code ‘Hello World’ in assembly
- Every time somebody on the show says one of the following, drink 1 shot
- ‘It can happen to you’. This is just to limber you up for the ride ahead
- anycolour-‘hat’, double shot where anycolour is not black, white or grey
- description-‘web’, where description is dark, deep, dingy, dangerous or anything similar
- Every time one of the following happens, drink two fingers of your favourite spirit or beer
- Somebody uses their mobile phone, with a lovely HUD shown for our convenience
- A dramatic change in the music
- Somebody gives away a tell to Patricia Arquette’s character
- Text on a screen morphs in some way
- Main theme plays. Everybody needs a top up
- Somebody gets killed
- Every time somebody watching who isn’t involved in IT comments on Patricia Arquette’s hair, finish all remaining drinks. At this point, you have the option to send this person out of the room for the remainder of the show, but it’s more fun if you don’t
I’ll possibly update these as the series progresses, assuming I have the staying power to watch any more of this drivel.
Vegaskid takes no responsibility for anything that happens as a result of you playing this game. But I’d love to hear the stories. Drink responsibly…
Till the next time.